12.11.10

My Magazine Myriad.





Recently, I've had a stack of magazine's waiting to be read, including Harper's Bazaar, Stella and ASOS magazine. Apologies for the photo's, they're off my Blackberry but moving on my findings are as follows;






If Stella magazine had nothing in it bar the photographs of David Gandy, it would have been too much excitement. As it happens, it contained photos of perfection himself, a few funny pages on 'What Every Man Needs To Know', for example, 'Contact us any way you like. It doesn't matter: phone, text, send a f-ing bird, a helicopter or a scuba diver. Just communicate!' and a few pages raving about the restaurant we ate (and B&B we stayed) at outside London. (See post; You Sound Like You're From Landan.)




This 20's-esque photoshoot is stunning, in a bold yet innocent way. The black and white shots here are my favourite. I always seem to prefer black and white photographs. Life is better in colour - pictures aren't. (Most of the time). Whether or not it achieves what it set out to I am unsure as I am not looking at what is being worn, I am looking past them and/or it is simply not getting my attention.


         

Design trio Aqua are on the up and have created the kind of dresses which make you wish you had an occasion to buy a dress for. These clean cut simple styles are my favourite and with the colours bang on trend and a price that can't be sighed at, there's no question about it really. Next time I'm stressing because I can't find anything to wear I know where to go.








Avril Dress £170, Pouch Pocket Dress £80, Wendy Dress £135, all available from ASOS.
 

ASOS impressed me with their 'Christmas gifts for men' page. My favourites were the Timex watch £65, Barbour hip flask £30 and Barbour rucksack £159 (which is already sold out).








Love Renée’s cover and shoot for this months Harper's Bazaar magazine. In my opinion it's far more dark, chic, mysterious and outright sexy than she's used to. Now, I know she isn't Bridget Jones in real life but she isn't this smouldering vixen either.



 


I can safely say Sarah Burton has created something to be proud of regarding her first collection without the man himself. Whilst it is unmistakably McQueen, it has had a feminine touch added. Most importantly, it is as amazing as it ever was.




Flesh Lace Knuckle Box Clutch, £1,285


To scour the internet and come across a Hermès bag that isn't a Birkin is no mean feat. As a result we have to put up with this poor picture;






Hopefully you'll get the gist that this is a beautiful clutch. Without that clasp it would just be a brown suede bag but it has been converted into something else by the asymmetrical finish created by the fastening. It is a stable door bolt that has been transformed by Hermès into something that couldn't be further from its origin.



I was chuffed to find my latest outfit splurge was Bazaar's 'Catwalk to Closet, Cool Elegance' outfit. It also ticked the box of including their 'trophy blouse' for the season.




Harper's Bazaar's; YSL blouse and Ruffian at Browns skirt = £1,409




Mine; silk blouse, leather skirt and premium heels (all Topshop) = £223


I would possibly accessorise the above outfit with the following gold jewellery;




Spiked Hoops, £25, All Saints.                                          




Two necklaces are vintage, hoops as before.


To top this off I was delighted to discover a few of my products in their 'Beauty Hot 100'. This of course rubbed Crème de la Mer products in my face - not literally of course that would be just fabulous, but in the fact I'm yet to be able to afford such wondrous things.



I wrote this post listening to Rihanna's new album, Loud. Favourites? Tracks 6, 9, 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment