2.11.10

Commentator vs Spectator.


vs.





After joining a couple of blogging networks I discovered several things. Firstly, that my blog isn't as bad as I thought it was and secondly a high street fashion blog isn't as common as I thought. From here came about the age-old question when it comes to fashion; high street or high end?

When I saw so many blogs on high fashion I started to doubt the content of my blog and what I write about. Then I started thinking what I could write about to make it more high end designer orientated. Luckily, I then realised what are you thinking?! If I knew a lot about haute couture I'd blog about it. I don't, so I won't. I'd hate to do a half-hearted post about something I half-heartedly know about. It just so happens that high street is my forte.

Who would write about something they knew so little of? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE some of the amazing offspring designers produce but the cold, hard fact is that I don't sit on the front row at NYFW, I don't get invited to preview designers up-and-coming collections and I can't afford a wardrobe that would make Coco proud. I talk about what I know.

I am more than happy to look at these in glossy magazines and fantasise about the day I can waltz around in my one-off Karl Lagerfeld piece. But for now, I will (somewhat) begrudgingly remain loyal to the high street.

No comments:

Post a Comment