30.9.10

You Sound Like You're From Landan.

In London we did the full tourist shebang. From the shops like Harrods and Selfridges to the sights like St Paul's Cathedral and The National History Museum. Here are a few of our snaps, because it'd be rude not to.


Selfridges didn't fail to impress with their aptly named Shoe Gallery. For mere mortals like myself, this is actually a very painful experience. I can see, smell and touch the pieces of art, I can even walk a few yards in their polished perfection but can I take them home? Student status says no. Personally, I find the whole place to be more of a gallery than a shop. I relished in the company of Wang, McQueen and Mulberry in the accessory department.


Evenings were filled with anything and everything. From dinner in The Paradise and Chinatown to laughs in The Comedy Store to pancakes on Westminster Bridge.


Camden was a weird and wonderful experience. Can't say I bought much there but it was interesting. Surprisingly (or not), the food grabbed my attention more than anything else.
gap
On our way home we stopped overnight at this heavenly B&B. The picture says it all really. Not to boast, but the meal at their Michelin-starred restaurant was almost as good.



These are my soon-to-be beautiful Ray Bans.



All-in-all a super lovely 5 day weekend. Negatives; gaining 2 pounds and spending too many pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment