29.12.10

Skirting The Issue.

As many lovely leather and suede skirts there are at the moment, the realist in me says £60 for a skirt? I could almost get two for that. Then I get thinking, and there's no reason such a garment shouldn't last a long time in my wardrobe. Admittedly, I bought a black leather skirt without a second thought, but how adventurous am I willing to go and seasonally, how far are these skirts willing to go? Here are two outfits I put together with items that are available now, for both Winter and Summer.

Firstly, Winter. I have been waiting for this trapper to come into stock so it had to be used  somewhere. Arguably, I can get away with Topshop's studded headband, but this hat? I do love it so. My problem is my hair - anything like this which covers what little hair I have, I look like I have none. Overall, I would wear this outfit in a fashion fuelled heartbeat and such combination of dark colours, leather and the peach skirt make a Winter outfit worthy of.. well.. me. 







Charlotte V Neck Vest, £39 £27, Reiss. Classic Burwood Brogues, £235, Church's. Black Leather Studded Trapper, £45, Fleece Collar Biker Jacket, £58, Cotton Melange Tights, £8, Suede Tab A-Line Skirt, £55, all Topshop.

When it comes to seeing this skirt through to Summer, I have chosen to piece it with the following blouse and sandals, giving it a slightly vintage look (as much as the word makes me cringe a little). I would wear the scarf as a head scarf to liven up what could not be a less versatile haircut, but on the shoulders would suffice. I like the way the silk scarf transforms the simplicity of this outfit.






Miami Beach Silk Scarf, £160, Versace. Leather Cross-Over Sandals, £295, Marni. Skirt, as before. Antique Silk Swing Shirt, £50, Boutique at Topshop. Beige Oval Sunglasses, £16, Topshop.


It can be hard blogging about things you like because in doing so you are strengthening the bond between you and said item. This was one of those posts which makes you wish money really did grow on trees because I want these two outfits more than I have wanted a lot of things in a long time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment